Most of the time, our reports are for healthcare staff and managers to read. Occasionally though, we have our research published. Below is a list of recent Patient Perspective publications with a link to download each report.
Patient Perspective. Mesothelioma UK. National Mesothelioma Survey 2012.
Patient Perspective. British Lung Foundation. Survey of people affected by Mesothelioma 2013.
Reeves R and Bruster S. Better Together: Scotland’s Patient Experience Programme Patient Priorities for Inpatient Care. Edinburgh, Scottish Government. 2009.
Bruster S. Better Together: Scotland’s Patient Experience Programme. Building on the Experience of NHS Patients and Users. Edinburgh, Scottish Government. 2009.
Reeves R. Better Together: Scotland’s Patient Experience Programme. Building on the Experience of NHS Boards. Edinburgh, Scottish Government. 2009.
Additional journal articles by Stephen Bruster, Chief Executive, include:
- Bruster S. Seeking the views of consumers using quantitative measures: patient experience surveys. In: Burr J and Nicolson P (eds) Researching Healthcare Consumers. London, Palgrave Macmillan. 2005.
- Jenkinson C, Coulter A, Bruster S, Chandola T, Jones P. (2003) Factors relating to patients’ reports about hospital care for coronary heart disease in England. Journal of Health Services Research and Policy, 8, 83-86.
- Jenkinson C, Coulter A, Bruster S. (2002) The Picker Patient Experience Questionnaire: Tests of data quality, validity and reliability using data from in-patient surveys in five countries. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 16, 329-333.
- Airey C, Bruster S, Calderwood L, Erens B, Pitson L, Prior G, Richards N. (2001) National Survey of NHS Patients; Coronary Heart Disease 1999. National Report: summary of findings. Department of Health.
- Jenkinson C, Chandola T, Coulter A, Bruster S. (2001) An assessment of the construct validity of the SF-12 summary scores across ethnic groups. Journal of Public Health Medicine, 23, 187-94.
- Straw P, Bruster S, Richards N, Lilley S. (2000) Sit up, take notice. Health Service Journal, Vol 110.
- Airey C, Bruster S, Erens B, Lilley S, Pickering K, Pitson L. (1999) National Survey of NHS Patients: General Practice 1998. London: NHS Executive.
- Bruster, S., Jarman, B., Bosanquet, N., Weston, D., Erens, B., Debanco, TL. National Survey of NHS Patients. BMJ. 1994; 309: 1542-9.
- Wedderburn Tate, C., Bruster, S., Broadley, K., Maxwell, E., Stevens, L. What do patients really think? Health Service Journal. 1995; 5435: 18-20
- Stevens, L., Wedderburn Tate, C., Bruster, S. What the patients said. Health Service Journal. 1995; 5436: 29.
- Weston D; Bruster S; Lorentzon M; Bosanquet N. The management of quality assurance in nursing. J Nurs Manag, 1995; 3:5: 229-36
- Lorentzon M; Salisbury C; Bruster S; Weston D. Listening to patients in the National Health Service: a selective review of literature on patients’ views about outpatient services in British hospitals. J Nurs Manag. 1996; 4:3:163-9